2017 Grasshopper 729BT 61"
McCune's Sales & Service
Tan & Brown
2017 Grasshopper 729BT 61" deck with powerfold deck. Has NEW MOTOR!! Only 433 hours on it.
Delivering maximum productivity and versatility, the Model 729BT offers powerful performance that can meet the demands of rugged daily use, while providing superior operator comfort.
- 54.6 cu. in. (895 cc), 2-cylinder , air-cooled Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Big Block gasoline engine.
- Accepts Grasshopper's complete line of year-round implements.
- Accepts Model 8F, Model 12F and Model 15, Model 16FM or Model 25 PowerVac™ collection systems.
- Bar tread, low-pressure, high-flotation tires.
- T6® hydrostatic transmission with tandem 16cc Parker Hannifin pumps-in-reservoir, in-line CoolFan™ for cooling efficiency and long service intervals, design-matched Parker high-torque wheel motors.
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty, cyclonic, remote mounted with replaceable dual elements
- Attachment Drive: Telescoping PTO shaft with two high-speed U-joints, Quik-D-Tatch® coupler and heavy-duty electric Mag Stop® blade clutch/brake.
- Battery: 12 Volt
- Crankshaft: Horizontal
- Cutting Height: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5 cm to 12.7 cm)
- Deck Construction: (Robotic-welded steel) Tubular 2.25 in. x 4 in. boxed members with 0.25 in. gussets. Formed double thickness hardened steel (0.269 in. > heavier than 3 gauge) truss spindle plane and (3) Sentry™ spindles with 8-inch spindle flanges, with 6-bolt pattern and a triple-strength upper deck, over 1/2 inch thick in stress zones for superior strength. Geometrically engineered design with 7 gauge skirts withstands the brunt of commercial mowing.
- Instruments: (Console-mounted) Low engine oil pressure and parking brake indicator lights, work light and ignition switches, choke and push/pull PTO switch.
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type
- Mulching System: #504569
- Other: Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Other: Trimability (Outside of std. tire to left trim side) - 8.5 in. (21.6 cm)
- Parking Brake: Disc parking brakes, one for each drive wheel.
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) iso-mounted, high-back, deep-cushioned, foam-padded CoolTemp Cordura-covered, padded arms/backrest with lumbar support and coil-spring suspension. Optional CoolTemp Cordura-covered premier suspension seat.
- Standard: Work Lights and Hour Meter
- Blade: (Tempered, alloy steel); (3) 21 in. (53.3 cm)
- Blade: Drive-Maintenance-free gearbox with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Deck Size: DURAMAX®; 52"
- Deck Width: (Side Discharge) 74.5 in. (189.2 cm); (Mulch) 62.5 in.* (158.8 cm)
- Dimensions: FrontMount PowerUnit Only (Width/Length) 50.0 in. (127.0 cm)/64.5 in. (163.8 cm) ; FrontMount Power Unit (Wheelbase) 49.5 in. (125.7 cm)
- Height: (Seat Back) 47.0 in. (119.4 cm); (Seat Cushion) 30.5 in. (77.5 cm); (ROPS) 69.0 in. (175.3 cm)
- Length: 107.5 in. (273.0 cm); (Deck Raised - Flipped) 91.0 in. (231.1 cm)
- Spindles: (Assemblies) Sentryô Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Double bearings greasable from top of deck. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion. ; (Housings) 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter housing. Machined aluminum housing on 52- and 61-inch deck. Cast iron on 72-inch deck.
- Weight: (Uncrated) 1350 lbs. (612.3 kg) ; FrontMount Power Unit Only (uncrated) 930 lbs. (421.8 kg) ; FrontMount Deck Only - Side Discharge (uncrated) 420 lbs. (190.5 kg) ; Mulching Package 36 lbs. (16.3 kg)
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable, HydraSmooth™, dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Suspension: AntiVibe PowerPlatform™ with iso-mounted seat and footrest
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels. Seat is pivot point.
- Wheels/Tires: (Drive Wheels) 22x11.00x10 bar tread, high flotation; (Single Tail Wheel) 13x6.50x6 rib tread, tubeless; (Deck Tires) 9x3.50x4 (flat proof), 4-ply rated
- Cooling: Air
- Cylinders: V-Twin
- Displacement: 54.6 cu. in. (895 cc)
- Engine: B&S Vanguard Big Block
- Fuel Capacity: 7.2 U.S. Gal. (27.3 l)
- Fuel Type: Gasoline - unleaded
- Lubrication: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Filtration: Integrated, replaceable, high-efficiency, fine-particle filter / Grasshopper CoolTemp Hydro-Max? fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for 1,000 hour change intervals.
- Horsepower: 29 hp
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Speed range: (forward / reverse): 0 - 10.0 mph (0 - 16.1 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Transmission: T6® hydrostatic transmission with tandem 16 cc Parker pumps-in-reservoir, in-line CoolFan™ for cooling efficiency, design-matched Parker high-torque wheel motors. AntiVibe Power Platform® reduces vibration for the operator.
- Engine Manufacturer
- B&S Vanguard Big Block
- 54.7 cu. in. (896 cc)
- T6® hydrostatic transmission with tandem 16 cc Parker pumps-in-reservoir
- Wheel Size
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.2 U.S. Gal. (27.3 L)
- Deck Size
- 61 in.